Meet The Maker

Hey Everyone!

Now that I am back, I thought I would do a proper 'Meet the Maker' as a little catch up. I've never done one of these before so having now done a quick Google search for ideas, here is a little bit of me for you.

My name is Alena (ah-lay-nah). No one in my life has ever pronounced it right first time (apart from a Czech person I once knew who said it's a super popular name over there). I was actually named after my Mum's childhood friend who I share a birthday with. My namesake still lives across the street from my Gran.

I am 32 and engaged to the most amazing bearded man - soon to be husband - in May 2022. Together we have 5 children and yes it can be crazy, but we love it. He would admit it himself that if he had been told years ago that his life would be like this he would never have believed it, but neither of us would change it for the world.

I love all things crafty.  I will try my hand at most things but crochet has become my favourite and I have been doing it now for around 6 years.  I started when I saw the cutest amigurumi teddy bear kit and thought, "I'm Sure I could do that". I certainly didn't start off with something easy.  The teddy wasn't actually too difficult, but making one now would be a walk in the park.

For a long time I wouldn't bother reading patterns. People would ask me to make something and I'd just look at pictures and go for it. It wasn't until some one suggested I write down what I do in order to start selling my patterns that I started researching and learning about patterns. That's why I only have a few on my store (but many, many more to come).

My favourite things to crochet are baby items, blankets, hats, booties, cardigans and jumpers. Cutesy little stuff basically. But I'll try anything really. I make a fair bit of amigurumi, mostly special requests. I will have to do a blog post at one point to show you all some of these because I literally have had some crazy requests such as a life size Henry Hoover and various Pokémon Characters to name a couple.

Something that people in my crochet crowd wont know about me is my other great love - music.  Me and my fiancé are a country duo. I sing and he plays the most amazing guitar. We are going to be performing at the Kelso Country and Western Music Festival in October. You can find us on YouTube and Facebook. If you would like to check us out, here are our links: -



I guess there is a lot more to know but I wont go on any longer. I hope you enjoyed finding out about me and I always love your feedback, so feel free to leave me a wee comment. Let me know what you'd like to know next time I do an updated meet the maker, and what you found interesting or even what surprised you.

Thanks guys, have a great weekend,

Alena 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet The Maker

Hey Everyone! Now that I am back, I thought I would do a proper 'Meet the Maker' as a little catch up. I've never done one of th...